Jeremy and I discuss the whole Jim Romenesko/Poynter affair and much more this week.
We think both Romesnko and Poynter were in the right and wrong here. It’s complicated. We wish things would have ended better.
Our discussion of Romenesko leads Jeremy to discuss how he handles miss attribution and plagiarism with his students.
We then discuss the top 40 most shared stories on Facebook in 2011. Some very interesting finds. And then we have a few more topics to go over.
It’s a good show. I promise.
Listen to this week’s show:
- How I ended up leaving Poynter
- Questions over Romenesko’s attributions spur changes in writing, editing
- Facebook releases top 40 most shared articles in 2011, list dominated by 4 news orgs
- The Hobbit team uses Facebook, blogging to show the making of the movies, bypassing traditional media
- Emma Sullivan’s potty-mouthed tweet has a lesson for all of us