We discuss the big encryption battle between Apple (and other tech companies) and the FBI.
We discuss why we need encryption. Every person needs and deserves encryption. Criminals and hackers don’t just go after the government, they also go after individuals. Encryption helps keep individual citizens safe from people who want to steal their data, money and identity. Is that not worth protecting?
It’s not Apple’s job, nor anyone’s to make it as easy as possible for law enforcement. That’s why we have the Constitution and other protections.
We also review the new Quartz iPhone and Apple Watch app.
It is certainly unique.
Listen to this week’s episode:
- Apple Encryption Engineers, if Ordered to Unlock iPhone, Might Resist
- Effectively, this law would outlaw encryption in products and services made by U.S. companies
- Apple sees weakness in FBI hearing request
- Inside Apple CEO Tim Cook’s Fight With the FBI
- Motor vehicles increasingly vulnerable to remote exploits