We deconstruct the Rolling Stove UVA rape story.
It was a crazy story about a freshmen student being gang raped as part of a fraternity initation. Now Rolling Stone has walked back some of its reporting, engaged in victim blaming and in general deeply tarnished its reputation. We discuss how monumental of a f-up this really is for a journalism organization.
We also discuss the impact this will have on other rape victims and the culture on college campuses that leads to sexual assault.
As the show title suggests, we also talked about Uber.
We’re trying our best to get on a regular schedule. We have a new recording time that shouldn’t be interrupted by infants anymore.
Listen to this week’s episode:
- A Rape on Campus: A Brutal Assault and Struggle for Justice at UVA
- Everything we know about the UVA rape case
- Why We Still Need to Investigate the Rolling Stone Rape Story
- U-Va. students challenge Rolling Stone account of alleged sexual assault
- Wikipedia: A rape on campus
- Rolling Stone never asked U-Va. about specific gang rape allegations, according to newly released e-mails and audio recording
- Rolling Stone threw a rape victim to the misogynist horde
- Bill Cosby should thank Rolling Stone
- Blame Rolling Stone