We kick off the show talking about AOL — from digital prophets (that man you see above) to its CEO Tim Armstrong blaming “distressed babies” for the need to roll out a terrible new 401(k) plan).
But we actually spend the majority of the show talking about reinvestment, gentrification, tech companies and the Bay Area (particularly San Francisco). There is a lot all sides in this could do to make this situation better from more housing stock to tech companies that are more invested in the communities they are headquartered in.
Listen to this week’s show:
- Meet Shingy, AOL’s Self-Proclaimed ‘Digital Prophet’ Who Has The Internet Buzzing
- This man is representing AOL on live TV
- AOL CEO Blames Selfish New 401k Plan on Two Pregnant Women
- Tim Armstrong’s salary in distressed babies
- Tim Armstrong’s Golden Parachute Vs. Cost of ‘Distressed Babies’
- That “distressed baby” who Tim Armstrong blamed for benefit cuts? She’s my daughter.
- Activists Accuse Tech Community of Throwing San Francisco Under the Bus
- In This Silicon Valley Tech Culture and Class War, We’re Fighting About the Wrong Things
- What tech hasn’t learned from urban planning