Another week and another top talent at The New York Times has left. This has been a banner year for talent leaving The New York Times.
Is The New York Times suffering a brain drain?
Turnover is natural, and in many ways a good thing. So, it’s important not to overreact when people leave. But with so much top talent leaving The New York Times in one year, this may be beyond turnover.
What caught our attention are all of NYT staffers with Web, social and new media skills that have left this year. Is there a glass ceiling for new media talent at The New York Times?
Listen to this week’s show:
- Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight Blog Is to Join ESPN Staff
- CNN hires Brian Stelter as Reliable Sources host, media reporter
- The New York Times brain drain
- New York Times Public Editor: Roundup: Staff Departures, an ‘Incorrect Promise’ and More
- Why is The New York Times losing so many editors?
- New York Times’ David Pogue is going to Yahoo to launch a consumer tech site
- Jim Roberts Is Mashable’s Executive Editor and Chief Content Officer