We discuss how we use our iPads for work and how tablets can make us more productive.
Safari on the iPad would almost be worth the price of admission alone. It’s a really great app. So are Mail and iCal. We don’t discuss this built in apps, however, and instead focus on some of the really strong third-party apps that help us be more productive.
Here are some of the applications we talk about:
- Omnioutliner — A great outlining program, especially helpful in meetings.
- Omnifocus — A GTD, task management program. Built for David Allen’s system. Very handy for staying on top of multiple projects at once.
- Reeder — The best RSS program around, complete with great social media and Instapaper integration.
- Instapaper — If you love to read and reading is an important part of your job, you need Instapaper ASAP.
- Twitterific — Our favorite Twitter app.
- Kindle/iBooks — Great for reading books, papers and reports.
- TripIt — Your travel companion.
- Pages — Word processing on the go. Not bad for taking notes in meetings either.
- Numbers — Spreadsheets on the go, also helpful for being able to view spreadsheets in meetings.
- Keynote — Presentations on the go.
- WordPress — Post to WordPress blogs, such as this site. Works better than logging in through the Web.
Listen to this week’s show: